10 tips to help freshen up your home.
It is that time of year when we all fancy a change. And they do say a change is as good as a break. Or, like me, if you have just moved home and you need to freshen up your home or to make it more to your taste, below I have given you 10 ideas to quickly and easily brighten things up.
Freshen up your home.
Kitchen… 1) Change the colour. When I moved I unfortunately inherited a yellow kitchen! And a little bit tired too. Not to my taste, and so to freshen up it is now white, and I have added red accessories to brighten it up and modernise the kitchen.
2) And to go one step further, why not change dated door handles with new ones. A quick and easy alternative.
3) If you want to add a bright splash of something more dramatic, why not choose an accent wall and add a colour with paint or wallpaper.
4) For a cost effective way to freshen up your home decor, why not have a swap around. Put your furniture in a different setting to usual. Straight away your room will look considerably different. Or if you are limited where you can put furniture, swap accessories and lamps from another room to give a different look. See what you have already, but in a different way.
5) Add a feature to your lounge. In my lounge there was no focal point, and I didn’t want it to be the TV. In a lounge / diner, I wanted to separate the rooms. So to one side in the middle of the area we added a fire surround with hearth. All second hand, with a bit of TLC. It doesn’t have to cost the earth. With the sofas placed around this it has created a lounge area, and a separate dining area to the other end of the room.
6) And to finish the lounge separate the floor space by adding a rug.
7) You can get all sorts and DIY quick fixes. And one I love is to re- grout your tiles, whether it be your bathroom or kitchen. Either freshen up with white or go more adventurous with a coloured grout.
8) Add a modern touch to your bathroom by changing your taps. Change from the traditional hot and cold taps, and update to a victorian style mixer tap. Much more stylish. I think any how.
9) Place plenty of accent cushions on the bed to create the most cosy bedroom. Add soft colours to all four walls for a restful environment.
10) And finally… my last tip to freshen up your home. Use containers in your garden to add an instant effect. These are also easy to maintain and easy to change when the season or your mood dictates. I hope you have found my hints and tips helpful. I will certainly be using them myself to freshen up my new home.