How to fold a napkin to dress your dining table.
There are many ways to dress your dinner table, whether it be for a more formal evening get together, or just a simple family meal.
Basic items you will require…
Plates, cutlery, placemats, wine glass, water glass, and napkins.
Napkins are one easy way to transform your table. Here are some simple examples for that wow factor.
How to fold a napkin…
Step by step…. how to fold a napkin
1) Fold the napkin in half
2) Next turn the bottom of the napkin up approximately by 1/4 height of the napkin.
3) Turn this up again to around half way, this will make the pocket.
4) Flip your napkin over.
5) Fold the left hand side over, then the right hand side, enough so that you can tuck one side into the other to hold the fabric.
6) Reverse the napkin back around and you have your single pocket napkin.
Step by step…..How to fold a napkin
1) Fold the cloth in half.
2) Pleat the Napkin from the bottom of the narrow edge, leaving about ⅓ at the top.
3) Fold this in half, leaving the pleats on the outside.
4) Take the top unfolded corner of fabric and fold diagonally, tucking it under the pleats.
5) Release pleats and stand up.
The French pleat.
Step by step…. How to fold a napkin
1) Fold the cloth in half and in half again, to produce a
2) Take the free corners and fold the top layer toward to the opposite corner, then turn the next layer and tuck it under the first, and repeat with the following layer and tuck under.
3) Flip your napkin over.
4) Fold the left hand side over, then the right hand side, enough so that you can tuck one side into the other to hold the fabric.
How to fold a napkin
For the ultimate wow factor, a few more ideas.
And if you need a dining table first…..
Look no further then Better Furniture. Here we have a wide range of solid tables, with different styles, and a variety of sizes. Something for every size home, no matter how many people you wish to entertain.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my blog on how to fold a napkin. For napkins, kitchenwares, accessories and more visit us at your local Norwich or Great Yarmouth store or visit us online www.BetterFurniture.co.uk